Guess, what is the major problem, which irritates you the most? Surprisingly, it might not be the signs of acne, hair fall or grey hair, but it is dark circles under your eyes that could occur at any stage of your life. Dark circles are something, which could worsen your overall personality.
Following are the signs/symptoms that constitute Dark Circles under your eyes:
- bags under the eyelids
- Saggy or loose skin
- dark circle under your eyes
- puffy or swelling eyes
- Watery and itchy eyes
- sneezing and nasal congestion
Causes Of Dark Circles Under Your Eyes
If you are getting enough sleep and still have dark circles under your eyes, then it is not unusual as fatigue isn’t the only reason for the dark circles.
- There are several factors that can lead to dark circles under your eyes, which includes:
- It could be hereditary.
- It could be fluid retention due to weather change, hormonal changes or eating salty foods in excess.
- Your living style could also be the reason such as physical or emotional stress, smoking or excess intake of alcohol, which could have an intense effect on your appearance.
- By rubbing or scratching your eyes again and again.
- Excess and direct exposure to sun also leads to dark circles under eyes.
- Improper intake of Vitamins and Minerals and not having adequate amount of water.
- But you do not need to worry as it could be stopped and if occurred, it could be cured through various remedies.
Home Remedies To Cure Dark Circles Under Eyes
- Though it is quite common in older people, but mostly dark circles can occur and develop at an early age like teenage and early 20s.
- There are several home remedies, which helps in curing or minimising dark circles under eyes:
- Coconut oil is the best and natural remedy. Apply coconut oil on the affected area and the dark circles will diminish.
- Mix potato juice with cucumber juice in equal ratio and apply it until you get the best result. It also helps in reducing puffiness along with the dark circles.
- Tomato juice could also be use to lighten the skin color.
- Mix cucumber juice with lemon juice in equal proportion, apply it and wash off with water after 15 minutes. This needs to be apply daily.
- The best remedy is to apply castor oil under the eyes before sleeping and wash off with water in the morning. Apply it regularly and see the result after two weeks.
- Cold therapy is one of the best remedy which helps in removing dark circles. It could be done by wrapping a few ice cubes in a soft napkin and place it under your eyes.This helps in reducing dilation and discoloration in the blood vessels. You can also try this with a bag of frozen peas, a chilled teabag and a cold spoon.
- Saline therapy is another common and effective remedy, which helps in curing and reducing dark circles. It could be done by relieving your nasal congestion by rinsing your sinuses with a saltwater solution or an over the counter saline spray.
- Cucumber juice is the best remedy. Apply it daily around eyes and wash off with plain water after 15 minutes.
- Always wear shades when going out even when it is rainy or cloudy.
Dark circles could steal your beauty and personality, but they are mostly harmless and do not require medical care. But consult your doctor if the swelling is severe, painful, accompanied by redness or itching, affects other parts of your body. Your doctor would also like to examine for other causes that could contribute to the swelling such as kidney or thyroid problems, infection or an allergy.